"PLATINUM is a metal precious and rare enough to adorn the fingers of women in high society and men of royal blood." When you are shopping for gorgeous jewellery, you can choose between famous gold, rare platinum and affordable sterling silver. Metal consideration is an important part of the decision-making process when looking to design and create jewellery, especially when it comes to engagement and wedding rings.
The following Facts about platinum may help you decide whether or not platinum jewellery is right for you:
1. A Rare Treasure: Platinum is one of the rarest precious metals on earth, occurring at only 0.003 parts per billion (ppb) in the earth's crust, making it about 30 times more rare than gold. To own just one piece of platinum jewellery is to truly possess a rare and extraordinary treasure.
2. Hypoallergenic: Platinum being a pure metal, is hypoallergenic, which makes platinum jewellery something that everyone can wear and enjoy. Many people suffer from metal allergies and can get skin rashes from gold, silver, nickel and other jewellery metals. Whether it's earrings or fashion/cocktail rings, diamonds or gem stones, if it's made in platinum, it is the best choice for anyone with sensitive skin.
3. Unique and Dense: When you compare platinum, white gold and sterling silver in person, you can easily tell the difference. From the three photos above, even though they are all the same dimensions, silver is the lightest weight while platinum is the heaviest. Platinum is a denser metal when compared to silver and white gold, therefore, this is the reason why it so unique and lasts the longest.
4. A fantastic investment and lifetime of beauty: Platinum does not lose its color like some other white metals can, which makes platinum a fantastic investment. The durability and longevity of platinum will not only provide you with a lifetime of enjoyment, but also something unique and wonderful to pass along from generation to generation.
5. Low-Maintenance: Platinum jewellery is very low-maintenance. Sterling silver can tarnish and require regular cleaning while platinum will remain the same for decades. The incredible strength and rare composition of platinum allows it to stand the test of time. A cleaning by your professional jeweller will get your platinum jewellery looking like they did the day you received them!
When you are ready to purchase your next exquisite piece of jewellery, remember to consider all choices and determine whether or not platinum is the right metal for you.