1. What is the best way to clean my jewellery?
Your jewellery should be professionally cleaned and polished by your Professional Jeweller at least once a year. At this time, he/she can check the settings for wear and tear.
In between this annual cleaning, you can clean your jewellery with professional jewellery cleaner and a special cloth that can be purchased from your Jewellery store. Please keep in mind that there is a different jewellery cleaner for silver, so ensure you use the right cleaner for each piece of jewellery.
2. How often should I have my jewellery appraised?
It is recommended that you have your jewellery reappraised every two to three years. Jewellery values may increase over the years and reappraisal ensures you receive the current replacement value.
3. What does my Jeweller provide if I want to insure my jewellery?
Your Professional Jeweller will provide you with a written detailed valuation and receipt for jewellery purchased. In the event of loss or theft, this record will assist in compiling an inventory of your jewellery. Find out if your Jeweller specializes in insurance claims to assist you with jewellery replacements should your jewellery be lost or stolen in the future.
4. What do I do if my insurance company wants me to deal with their jeweller?
You have the right to choose which Professional Jeweller you want to use to replace your jewellery. When you insured your jewellery with the insurance company, there was no clause stipulating that one must use the insurance company's choice of Jewellers.
5. Does your Jeweller sell Canadian Diamonds?
If the Diamonds are Canadian, it will be noted in the description of the jewellery at time of purchase and it will be accompanied with a "Certificate of Authentication".
6. Does your Jeweller work on repairs on the premises or do they ship them out?
"Peace of Mind" will be yours knowing that your valuables are not being shipped out to another workshop.
7. Does your Jeweller credit you for your unwanted Gold/Silver Jewellery? If so, how will you be reimbursed?
Some Jewellers offer 1 or 2 choices and some offer 3 choices, namely: (a) Receive Cash; (b) Pay for Jewellery Repairs; or (c) Create a new piece of jewellery for you and/or your loved one(s).
Any other questions you may have, feel free to contact your Professional Jeweller.