Here are some of the Top 15 Fall/Winter 2015/2016 Jewellery Trends:
1. Chokers - We had fallen in love with Choker designs years ago when we wore them. It appears that the lovely Chokers around the neck are back.
2. Breastplate Necklaces - Making a statement wearing a powerful necklace is big for the Fall & Winter seasons and our favourite Fashion Designers have given us lots of appealing options for us to fall in love with.
3. Drop Earrings - Plated Earrings, in general, are in; however, when they come in dropped looks, we pay extra attention, for that draws the eyes to the side of the face, the shape of the ears and the gentle curve of the neck.
4. Bauble Bracelets - Generally-speaking, Bracelets have been in for the whole year, coming in multiple types for the Spring season and translating well in the Fall and later Winter looks. Some favourite bauble bracelets are earth-toned in colour and thick bracelets made it into some of the collections with heavy looks, despite the touch of femininity.
5. Single Earrings - Single statement earrings appeared all over the place throughout the different runway shows that took place around the world in 4 of the biggest metropolitans for fashion. They came in all shapes and sizes, but what captured the most attention was the use of statement earrings that were large and attention-grabbing, often in abstract but always with special decorum.
6. Geometric Jewellery Designs - Geometric looks, in general, have been in, particularly when it comes to the Fall 2015 handbags and shoes. We've seen them appear all over the place and certainly are not surprised to see them in the jewellery business, as well.
7. Lots of Pearls - Whether we are talking about Victoria Beckham's bauble bracelets or drop earrings in pearl, we know that there are a whole lot of pearls to contend with come this Fall & Winter. It is an awesome trend for us as it uses the classier options of the past and can be morphed into something modern while still appearing quite sophisticated. Pearls are incredibly beautiful and can be both on the inexpensive side and really bank-breaking, depending upon the quality of the pieces used. The man-made is the least expensive, while the freshwater comes in second and the saltwater has its own categories ~ incredible products of nature that appear in different colours, textures and sizes all over the world.
8. Beads Added to the Mix - There were lots of beads added to the necklaces, especially with little round things that were certainly not as magnificent as pearls, but could be created by hand as well. These beaded options, particularly the floating style, appeared quite often on the runway.
9. Multiple Rings on one hand OR a Single Statement Ring - One of the biggest accessory trends for 2014 and 2015 has been wearing multiple rings on a single hand, often with double rings stuck to one another. The Single Statement Ring really does make a statement.
10. Buckles and Cuffs on the Wrists - Going with the touch of punk look, perhaps even the bondage ideals that have appeared here and there, we see buckled cuffs appear on the runway shows, with some clean, art deco lines, as well.
11. Brooches - Brooches were big for awhile and then died off into oblivion. We had associated them with our parents and grandparents especially for so long it is almost bizarre to see them gracing the bodies of young models on the runways. Yet brooches are such lovely pieces of jewellery that stand out so much with their ability to draw the eyes towards the chest. They appeared bejewelled and embellished and sometimes quite plain, often as oversized accessories that really completed the whole look. They can be bold and they might feel fresh as well, full of possibilities and adding interest to collars and dresses of all types. It is a trend you can basically wear at all times.
12. Old-World Jewellery Pieces - Since the focus has certainly been on the older eras and many decades past, it makes sense to include pieces that are reminiscent of the times of our grandparents where more was certainly more and ornate was very much in style at the time.
13. Sculptural Jewellery - Ornate accessories aside, we saw a whole lot of substantial sculptural jewellery pieces for Fall 2015 that were low on embellishments and fripperies and were high on the impact they had on our senses. These include the coiled choker necklaces and bracelets that look like a thick piece of metal has been twisted by hand to create the look, the bracelets and twisted metal rings around double fingers, as well as baubles around the wrists that held huge egg-like stones in the center. Leafy designs were found in abstract form on many earrings.
14. Lots of Fringe - As the 1970s have been the biggest inspiration, the whole year has been full of fringe effects and funky designs that bring back memories of decades long past. Tassels are the latest way to show off the fringe and they appear not only on shoes and handbags and dresses and shirts but also on earrings and necklaces to add a bit more of the '70s kick to our styles.
15. Diamonds - A girl's best friend! No matter what the trend, Diamonds are always in every season! Contact your Professional Jeweller to learn more about specific details regarding Carat Weight, Clarity, Colour, Cut Shape, Cut Quality, and Style in order to ensure your next Diamond purchase meets all the requirements you are looking for.